Betterbuilt are proud members of
“Certified Builders Association of New Zealand”
To become a business member of CBANZ Betterbuilt have undergone a comprehensive and rigid assessment process from all angles of the business, from interviews with everyone from accountants, to suppliers to previous clients and projects. This process ensures that only the best well rounded and all encompassing business makes it to the membership process.
At Betterbuilt all of our staff are also individual members of CBANZ, which only allows trade qualified members to submit their application, another great measure on quality assurance.
This means we are also able to offer you one of the best Guarantees in the business.
BENEFITS OF HOMEFIRST GUARANTEE.
All New homes in New Zealand now by law a required to have a proven guarantee, as a member of CBANZ it means Betterbuilt have access to the Homefirst Guarantee. A 10 year independent guarantee that provides complete peace of mind on your new home.
YOU ARE COVERED FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Loss of Deposit – Not exceeding 20% of the contract price, or $50,000 whichever is lesser.
- Extra cost to complete the dwelling – Not exceeding 20% of the contract price or $100,000 whichever is lesser.
- Structural Defects for 10 years – Including non-structural defects for two years to a maximum aggregate of $100,000
- Alternative Accommodation – Up to a maximum period of 30 days.
- Backed by CBL Insurance LTD – An independent, standard and poor’s rated insurance company.
- Transferable – The guarantee can be transferred to the new owner helping to sell your new home if need be.
HOW DO I GET ONE?
The guarantee is not automatic and Betterbuilt will offer you this at the time of contract sign up on your project. Betterbuilt will then lodge the guarantee at the time you complete the building contract and before the construction starts. You will then receive an acceptance letter. There are also different types of guarantees available and maybe requested depending on what your project involves, these include the following.
Full Contract – Where your builder is managing the whole project for you.
Carpentry Labour Only – Where the homeowner decides to act as project manager. This guarantee will only cover the builders work.
Alterations and Additions – Where work is being done on an existing building.